If you recognise and appreciate the benefits of maintaining a healthy mouth, attractive smile, and fresh breath for your career, your social life, your family and your wellbeing, then you have found the right dental practice. We are determined to help our patients achieve excellent dental health and a beautiful, healthy smile they are proud to show off.
With clean, bright and healthy teeth and gums, you’re bound to feel good about yourself and this will reflect in how you interact with other people, and how they perceive you. The confidence that a healthy mouth and bright smile can give you cannot be underestimated.
Discover your smile with the support of the committed, understanding and expert team at Harbour Dental Care in the heart of Ipswich.
At each dental appointment you will receive a thorough examination following which any advice for improving your dental health will be provided.
Your dental examination will cover:
- Your general health, wellbeing and medication will be discussed and the impact on your oral health and treatments considered.
- Your teeth will be examined for any decay, sensitivity, fractures and abnormal wear.
- Restorations, such as fillings, crowns and bridges, will be checked to ensure they remain fit for purpose.
- Any gum inflammation, bleeding, gum disease, plaque retentive factors and recession will be assessed.
- Your bite will be checked because the way your teeth meet can affect your jaw, bite and any dental work present in your mouth.
- We will look at the inside of your mouth (tongue, cheek, palate, etc), which can be affected by various health conditions including mouth cancer, reactions to medications and diseases affecting the immune system.
- We assess your current situation but also plan ahead so to avoid any potential issues, such as oral cancer, gum disease and decay.
Turn back the clock
If you look back at old photos with a sense of sadness that your smile isn’t the same as it once was, we can help. Our principal dentist, Malcolm Harbour is especially adept at performing dental restorations that will help turn back the clock, allowing you to look good and eat like you used to. Thanks to the expert advice of our dental hygiene team, we can improve your smile, providing healthy foundations for functional and beautiful teeth. We will also give you the skills you need to maintain a healthy-looking, desirable smile for years to come through correct and effective cleaning and care at home.
We all live busy lives and understand that getting to an appointment during working hours isn’t always easy, which is why we open at 8.30am everyday and close at 6.00pm Monday to Thursday. Contact us to book an appointment or if you have any queries or requests.
We are proud to offer unique, complementary services alongside dentistry, in order to make your experience as enjoyable as possible. These include:
- Free verbal consultations with the Care Co-ordinator
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Free parking (limited spaces)